thyssenkrupp Uhde Chlorine Engineers, together with AkzoNobel, has developed a standardized skid-mounted chlor-alkali plant with a design capacity of 15,000 mtpy chlorine. Typical applications are for salt to bleach or salt to HCl production or where limited quantities of caustic and chlorine are required.
The design of our skid-mounted plant is based on the integration of standardized functional groups (e.g. brine purification, electrolysis with catholyte circulation and brine dechlorination, waste gas dechlorination...), allowing flexible plant layouts to fit specific customer requirements.
With a focus on technology and cost optimization, thyssenkrupp Uhde Chlorine Engineers skid-mounted chlorine plants are characterized by a high degree of process simplification, resulting in less installed equipment, high energy efficiency thanks to our latest electrolyzer technology, and reduction of emissions through the maximum recirculation of wastes within the plant.
All skids are manufactured by selected workshops under thyssenkrupp Uhde Chlorine Engineers supervision, and are delivered pre-assembled and pre-tested to the maximum extent, inclusive of equipment, piping, electrical, instrumentation and wiring. Transportation to site in standard containers allows for easy delivery even in remote areas.
- 15,000 metric tons per year Cl2 skid-mounted chlorine plant
- Simplified process, high efficiency, low emissions
- Reduced installation activities at site, shorter plant start-up versus conventional plants
- Single point responsibility for complete plant supply
- Possibility to install single skids for plant modernization/debottlenecking